- Regular free workshops, seminars and get togethers in Auckland and Wellington.
- A listing in the only comprehensive online directory for NZ screen composers and sound creatives (temporarily out of service)
- Facebook group for sharing ideas and job opportunities and networking.
- Monthly one on one mentoring / sharing sessions with established composers (Auckland) – get in touch to book a session.
- Free use of music production studio at Studio 11 @ Parachute Studios (Auckland) for recording / collaborations / meetings – get in touch to book a time.
- Discounts at industry events – announced regularly.
- A Standard Screen Composers Agreement for use by members – get in touch for a copy.
- Corporate discount for online purchases from PB Technologies. Contact us for details.
- 30% discount off purchases of individual software products from East West (excludes subscriptions). Contact us for details.
- 10% discount off all Spitfire Audio products (excluding specials or bundles). Contact us for details.
- 20% discount off all products at Exponential Audio. Contact us for details.
- 20% discount and a free listing on all listing upgrades for The Data Book – using the discount code ‘COMP’.
- Academy Cinema (Auckland) – Student concession rates when proof of membership number presented before 5pm weekdays $9, after 5pm weekdays and weekends and school and public holidays $12. Wednesdays $5 all day as part of our popular $5 Wednesdays
- NZ International Film Festival – Discount for members on tickets (online for wellington) and in person in Auckland and other centres currently – present proof of membership number.
- Big Screen Symposium – special industry rates.
- Documentary Screen Edge Seminar – Special industry rates when booking.
- Basement Theatre (Auckland) – Provide proof of membership number and they will get a concession price ticket.
- The Classic Comedy Club (Auckland) – Concession prices for regular comedy programme tickets with proof of membership number.
- BATS Theatre (Wellington) – Provide proof of membership number and they will get a concession price ticket.
For new composers / sound people seeking entry into the business. Associate membership is for those have no commercial broadcast credit. No voting rights, listing in directory.
For composers / sound professionals with commercial broadcast credits. Full voting rights and a listing in directory.
For professionals with multiple credits who choose to give additional support to the Guild. Thank you for your added support!
Membership at all levels is welcomed. The relative dues and benefits are described below:
SCGNZ Associate Membership: $25.00
We welcome new composers or recent graduates seeking entry into the business, to learn, share and connect. Associate membership is for composers who do not yet have a professional feature film or commercially broadcast composing credit.
Please note: Allows use of forum and free attendance to workshops and seminars but listing in directory only if composer is a member of APRA. Voting privileges are restricted to Professional or Gold level members.
CGNZ Professional Membership: $75.00
Composers with a professional feature film or commercially broadcast composing credit can apply for this membership level. Full voting rights and a listing in directory.
SCGNZ Full Membership: $150.00
We appreciate and value those composers with a professional feature film or commercially broadcast composing credit who are able to give additional support to the Guild towards the greater self-sustainability of the organisation – Thank you for your added support!
SCGNZ Corporate Sponsorship: $150.00
We appreciate and value companies or patrons who would like to support the Guild – Thank you for your ongoing support!